June 27, 2008
 
Lightning strikes Winter Hill home

GOFFSTOWN - A lightning strike nearly sent a home up in flames Sunday.

The bolt blasted a house at 78 Winter Hill Road and left a gaping hole in the roof.

The flames spread quickly into the roof above the home's garage. The owners weren't home, but neighbors noticed smoke and called 911.


Damage caused by lightning bolt at 78 Winter Hill Road

Firefighters rushed to the scene and knocked down the flames. They also managed to save the family's dog, which was trapped inside.

Officials said along with the fire and smoke damage, the home's electrical system was fried.

"It affected a lot of the wiring in the residence and actually hit some of the plumbing," Goffstown Fire Chief Richard O'Brien said.

The homeowners were out of state at the time of the fire. They're now returning to survey the damage.

 




 

Patriot Software Solutions
Inexpensive home & small
business software & web
design solutions...
(603)
497-5900
 
Backyard Productions
Youth sports video & more...
292 Mast Road
Goffstown, NH
(603)
497-2259
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Copyrightę 2008, Goffstown Residents Association.  All Rights Reserved.