Mark Your Calendars to Attend This Great Event
I know it is still early, but time always seems to fly by and you won’t want to miss out on this wonderful and fun event. National Hunting and Fishing Day will take place in Concord and Holderness on Saturday, September 25, 2010. This is a statewide celebration hosted by the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, with the presenting sponsor the Wildlife Heritage Foundation of New Hampshire. Featured is a Sporting Expo in Concord, shooting and other hands-on activities and demonstrations, in Holderness, at Fish and Game’s Owl Brook Hunter Education Center. There will be other special events around the state.
Sporting Expo in Concord: On Saturday, September 25th, the New Hampshire Fish and Game grounds, at 11 Hazen Drive, Concord, will be transformed into a giant outdoor sporting expo from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Admission is free. Under the big tent, you can visit more than 40 product manufacturer representatives with exhibits, demonstrations and other activities for visitors, It’s a great opportunity to check out new and established hunting and fishing related products and services. A demo and display area will feature:
- Archery and air rifle ranges
- Hunting gear and accessories, from guns to decoys to scents and calls
- pointing dogs and retriever demonstrations
- Duck and goose calling lessons and demonstrations
- Taxidermy exhibits
- Fly-tying demonstrations
- Display of the state record buck deer
- The “Forever Locked” moose exhibit
- Food concessions from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Hunting-related Activities and Demos at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center in Holderness, N.H.
The Center will be open to the public for the National Hunting and Fishing Day even on Saturday, September 25 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., with a host of hands-on activities and seminars for youth and families. Admission is free. Adults can enter a free raffle for two guns donated by Thompson Center Arms and Sturm Ruger (one each). Special activities at Owl Brook (all free) during the event include:
- 3-D Archery course
- Video based interactive shooting simulator
- Ruger pro staff will help you hone your shotgun skills and you can shoot their new guns, too
- Thompson/Center Arms pro staff will be on hand to demonstrate their newest line of muzzleloaders and visitors will have the chance to try them out
- There will be a tree stand safety seminar given
- Trapping techniques will be demonstrated by a New Hampshire Trappers Association representative
- Free ice cream donated by Granite State Dairy Promotion
- Free Raffle of two guns
So, mark the date of September 25 down on your calendar and plan to take the family out to enjoy National Hunting and Fishing Day this year. You’ll have a great time and learn a lot.
Bob Harris can be
reached via e-mail at:
Columns by Bob Harris
DISCLAIMER: The opinions
expressed by Mr. Harris are not necessarily those of the
Goffstown Residents Association or its members
Copyright©2010 Goffstown Residents Association. All Rights Reserved.